Here’s the low down on our 4 top tech tools for your biz. In the online space, we have a lot of technology and platforms out there that we can choose from.
Having all of these choices can be great, but it can also lead to analysis paralysis where we get to this position where we feel like we can’t make a decision because we are so overwhelmed by all of the options that we have.
It can be tempting to try all the latest tools and platforms, however, just because you can use them all, doesn’t mean that you should. Using too many tools in your business is actually going to make it difficult to stay productive. On Team EE, we take a lean approach to our biz systems so we are sharing our top tech tools to streamline your business.
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE NOW:
ClickUp is a do it all project management tool and is the lifeline of our biz on Team EE.
A project management tool is a non-negotiable to successfully run and scale your biz. It really should be the main hub of your business. It should be the central place where projects, details, tasks, statuses, and assignments can be organized.
Although there are other project management tools out there, ClickUp is the most scalable project management tool. This is really one of the biggest reasons that we recommend ClickUp to business owners because it is a platform that grows with you and has the capacity and customization to support growth.
Why We Love It:
- It offers a lean system and allows you to remove the need to use countless other tools. You can create Docs, Forms, and Tables right in ClickUp! Even if you use other platforms like Google Docs or Airtable, you can embed them into ClickUp so you never have to leave the platform to make edits and adjustments.
- ClickUp has so many capabilities and customizations that you can make to fit your business’s needs.
- It has native automations you can set up to reduce manual work.
- It is cost-effective. Because it offers so many features, it eliminates the need to pay for multiple platforms. You automatically get more for your money with ClickUp because you have more features at your fingertips.
- ClickUp has so many view options that make it possible to view the data in your business in different ways.
Slack is a communication tool that we use that offers simple organized solutions to messy inboxes and email threads. With Slack, everything is easily organized in one place.
Why We Love It:
- Slack offers consolidated communication. There are countless ways to communicate in the online space which can cause everything to become unorganized.
- Slack allows you to create multiple channels to keep everything organized in your business.
- You can react to messages with emojis, which I know sounds a little silly, but one thing that we do on Team EE is we make sure that we’re reacting to messages as a form of communication. For example, in some situations where we need to take some time to think about our response, we react to the message with a little brain emoji. That way we are conveying to this person that we need more time, but we have seen their message.
- You can update your statuses for when you’re on and offline. For example, you can set up status to say things like “grocery run” or “at an appointment” or “recording podcast episodes”.
- Slack encourages transparency in your biz. I am big on keeping everyone in the loop because how is my team supposed to proactively support me in my business if they don’t know what’s going on?
- Slack has the ability to integrate with other platforms like G Suite, ClickUp, Canva, and more which helps you maximize your efficiency.
3. Google Drive
Google Drive is our favorite file storage system. Having an organized file storage system is necessary for your biz to scale and grow. If you have a super cluttered Google Drive, it’s going to be difficult for you to delegate because your team won’t be able to find the files they need to complete a task.
Why We Love It:
- It’s user-friendly, simple to use, and simple to organize. You can even color-code your folders to make them even easier to find exactly what you’re looking for.
- It’s easy to share files with your team and your clients. You can choose exactly who you want to share files with and easily locate a shared link.
- It allows you to back up your files and keep them organized. Keeping your files backed up in Google Drive is a great way to ensure everything in your biz is safe.
Zapier is an automation tool that connects to your varying platforms for efficiency and less manual work.
Why We Love It:
- It’s user-friendly. Even if you’re brand new to the idea of automations, Zapier has a ton of guides to help you get started.
- They also have tool where you can select the platforms you would like to connect and they will show you options for zaps that you could set up.
- Zapier has endless platform integrations. If you use it, they can probably help you automate. Although they don’t have every tech platform under the sun, Zapier connects with over 3,000 platforms.
It’s super easy to get distracted by all of the platform options in the online space, but by carefully choosing them, you won’t have to worry about being up to date with the latest technology because your technology will be evolving with you.
The most important thing to remember is just because there’s a ton of platforms out there, it doesn’t mean you have to use them all.
And just because I’m recommending these tech tools to you, that also doesn’t mean that’s what you have to use. Just because I use something does not mean it’s going to be the best option for you in your business. We are here to guide you and help you with systems and tech, but ultimately, you need to choose what is best for your biz!
Pin For Later: